These are easy, delicious, cheap and a massive crowd pleaser! Plus the only ingredients you need are sweet potatoes, oil and whichever seasoning takes your fancy.
They team perfectly with garlic mayo, burgers, fish, and are a lower carb option to normal potato wedges. I enjoyed mine with a BBQ, a few friends and more than a few cocktails, which I will also blog the recipe for.
- Heat your ovan to 200 degrees
- Cut up the sweet potato(s) in half, then into wedge shapes. My wedge shaping is never great, so feel free to go for the rustic look
- Par boil the wedges for 8 minutes
- While they boil, make your marinade by mixing a good helping of olive oil with your seasoning. I used garlic salt and chilli flakes. Other ideas are thyme, chilli powder, paprika, or just plain salt and pepper. Genrally go for whatever flavours you enjoy the most
- Tip them onto a baking tray, and pour over the marinade
- Pop them in the hot ovan for about 35 mins or untill crispy, you can finish them off in the grill but they burn easily.
As a student I make these all the time, sweet potatoes are filling and cost about 45p depending on how big it is!
I spent the evening with friends and family in what we could finally call a real British summer! Even my cat got a taste of the BBQ. Let me know how you get on with these, and what different seasoning you like to use!