Because salads can be sexier than Jake Gyllenhaal.
But it is a little bit sexy.
And it is alliteration, so sexy salad it is.
It is definitly warm though. Promise.
But you can eat it cold.
If you want. Anyway…
YOU WILL NEED!
- 1 small-ley chopped Aubergine/li>
- A spring onion
- Half can of tinned tomatos
- 1 tsp Paprika
- Courgette or Zucchini as you americanos say
- Peas please
- Couscous (as much as you will eat)
- Mixed salad
- An egg
1) Fry your small aubergine pieces in a saucepan with the paprika until they are soft and squidgey. Then fry your spring onion off and add your tinned toms.
2) Leave this to simmer for about 10 minites, before adding your couscous.
3) Leave this to cook for 10 more minites before adding your peas and pinenuts
4) Poach the egg. At uni I learned this can be done in a microwave if you’re really rubbish in a saucepan, or don’t have those clever poacher things. Just pop it in a mug, put some cling-film over the top and microwave for 1 min. Genius! It’s not quite as nice though and can go wrong… That is an advisory warning.
3) Arrange your mixed salad on the plate, pop the aubergine couscous mix on top and whack on your egg. Enjoy!