I laaaaaaavvvv mexican. And Halloumi, and lemon salted courgettes, and avocado. So I combined them all in a wrap and fed them too my hungry housemates.
Bethany even said the words “this is the best thing you have ever cooked me.” plus she didn’t put ketchup on it, so it must have tasted OK.
It is a great meal for sharing, and it gets a bit messy so is fun to eat! Unless you don’t like mess in which case use a knife and fork, clever.
This served 3. You will need:
- pack of 6 wraps
- 1 avocado
- 1 block halloumi
- 1 tin tomatos/passata
- 2 chopped red onions
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 pack of fajita spice mix
- 1 tin kidney beans
- handfull chopped spinach
For the courgette:
- 2 courgettes
- 2 pinches of salt
- half lemon squeezed
- pinch pepper
1) Start with the courgettes as they need roasting which takes about 40 mins. Simply chop them into batons and shake them on the baking tray with the salt, a generous amount of oil, and some pepper.
2)Pop them in the oven at 200 degrees for 40 mins. While they are cooking you can get going on your wrap sauce!
1) Fry off your onion and garlic with a pinch of sugar, then add your kidney beans and fajita spices to make a pastey looking mix!
2) After about 5 mins, add your tomatoes and leave to simmer for 30 mins.
3) 10 mins before you are ready to serve, chop up the avocado and prepare on a plate with a squeeze of the rest of the lemon you used earlier. Then slice up your halloumi into strips.
4) Fry the halloumi with a bit of oil and tsp of paprika in a frying pan, turning every few mins, after a while they will start to brown off and go crispy on the outside and gooey in the middle, this is why I love it!
5) Then put everything on the table, with the wraps and some sour cream/ greek yoghurt to serve, and let them get stuck in!
If you want to follow suit, we then had Ben and Jerry’s for desert!