A tangy, spicy all-in-one tray bake, with creamy ricotta, roasted squash, baked cauliflower and salty halloumi.
Tray bakes are the best because they mean minimal washing up!
It sounds weird baking a cauliflower but I promise it tastes good; it goes crispy on the fluffy bits and soft on the inside.
Yet again this recipe features… you guessed it, halloumi, but my dad does the same recipe at home with chicken, and they love it. If you haven’t tried halloumi by now, please do, your quality of life will increase 10 fold. Fact.
- 1 cauliflower, cut into florets
- Half a butternut squash cut into long wedges
- 1 tsp each of cumin seeds, chilli flakes and curry powder
- 1tbs turmeric
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- 1 tbs fresh oregano leaves
- 1 large red onion cut into wedges
- 100 g ricotta
- 1/2 block of halloumi
- Kale to serve (optional)
1)Preheat the oven to 200 degrees. Then boil your cauliflower and butternut squash until tender.
2) Put the boiled cauliflower, squash and onions in a large tray, and pour on the oil, all herbs and spices. Shake the tray around so everything is covered in flavour and put it in the oven for 30 mins.
3) Remove the tray and lay on halloumi and spooned blobs of ricotta, the grill for 10 mins. (Keep an eye on them incase your oven is anything like ours and burns things very quickly.
4) Serve with greens and couscous.