I love vegetables but I also love prawns, especially in pasta with tonnes of garlic. This dish is light and perfect for summer dining on the deck!
Make sure you buy good, happy prawns, your tummy will benefit and so will the sea!
You will need:
- 450g tomatoes
- 1 red chilli
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 glug worcestershire
- 1 clove garlic
- bag of fresh or frozen prawns
- 1 tsp creme fraiche
- Fresh basil to garnish
1) Slice up the tomatoes and place them in a large pan with a glug of oil to start stewing. Add the sugar, the red chilli, the worcestershire sauce and the clove of garlic and simmer intill the skins start to come away from the tomatoes.
2) Boil a large pan of water and add your linguini. Boil for 12 mins.
3) Meanwhile, add your prawns to the tomatoes in the pan and cook until pink if they are frozen, if not cook for about 3-5 mins.
4) Drain your pasta and serve with a generous helping of prawns and tomatoes, stir though a teaspoon of creme fraiche and garnish with fresh basil.
Bon apetit mon petit pois!